Category: Saratov

The Museum Square and the Regional Museum of Local History in Saratov (Музейная площадь и областной музей краеведения в Саратове)

The Saratov Museum Square occurred at its present place in 1674, when, by the order of the Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich, the city was moved from the left bank of the Volga river. In those days the square was named ‘the Guest House’ and had trading rows. In 1689, […]